Persons Services Corp’s (PSC) Infrastructure Group is seeking highly motivated, positive energetic team members to support their rapidly growing division. As a team member you will enjoy working in a collaborative environment with the team’s number one goal of success.
The Infrastructure Construction Superintendent will perform the day-to-day team leadership and oversight for all project-specific requirements.
This high-performance individual will assume overall responsibility for the successful completion of assigned projects within allotted time and budget. The Superintendent will answer to the Project Manager (PM) while overseeing subcontractors and work force teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively coordinate all subcontractors’ work efforts, vendors/materials, scheduling, and budgets during the mobilization, construction, and closeout phases of assigned projects.
- Plan procedures for construction, ensuring start and finish times, safety, quality, and staffing/subcontractor requirements for each phase of the project are met.
- Confirm and oversee all city inspections while being familiar with local building code enforcement and inspectors and resolving conflicts or issues throughout the project.
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgment, inspect work throughout the project’s progress to ensure workmanship and materials conform to plan and work letter specifications.
- Adhere to construction schedules, track job costs, and notify PM to complete back-charges, if any.
- Assist PM with Client and Subcontractor Change Order [CO] requests which may include requesting and processing pricing from subcontractors, and submitting draft CO for PM to review, approve, and submit to client.
- Prepare and submit daily reports on progress, materials used, punch lists, pictures, and schedule adjustments before leaving the job site each day.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Previous civil utility construction superintendent experience
- Highly organized with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have understanding of construction terms, scheduling, and planning concepts
- Strong leadership qualities
- Able to work in fast-paced, environment dealing with multiple team members
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Able to work with hand tools and ability to perform basic construction tasks and cleaning
- Experience using Construction Management Software is required
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company paid for Life Insurance policy and Short-Term Disability policy
- Company related fuel paid for by the company
- 401K Match
- Bonus Opportunities based on division profitability