Civil, Utilities & Site work Pipelayer needed in the Houston/Humble area. Seeking someone looking for a career position and to grow with our Texas operations.
Our group performs both private and public work throughout southeastern Texas. This position is full time out of our office located Houston. Someone looking to join a team with goals of quality work and dedicated to helping the continuing growth of our organization. Someone with high goals would fit this position; someone interested and committed to the quality, success, growth, image, perpetuation, and reputation of the company. This position would come with high potential for bonuses and growth based on performance and quality of work product.
- Install new pipes around a property using an assortment of tools, including transit levels, grade rods and levels
- Measure the surrounding area where the pipes are going to be installed and cut the pipes to match the allotted area
- Connect multiple pipes together by sealing joints, which will entail using glue, cement, or welding devices
- Dig trenches when pipes need to be laid beneath the earth, and cover the pipes once they are in place with dirt or other similar materials
- Locate existing pipe around a property that needs to be removed by utilizing radio or magnetic indicators
- Train other pipelayers in the process, and supervise new hires initially to ensure they can work independently
- Operate pickup trucks and rollers frequently whenever materials need to be transported away from the worksite
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Certification in pipelaying or one year of experience in the field
- Ability to perform intense manual labor
- Ability to work extended hours when required
- Knowledge of pipelaying practices and commitment to safety
- Clean driving record
Benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD, 401k match, PTO, Paid holidays